As part of Empower for Hope's initiative to empower women we have partnered with the sewing school, Make Welcome of Project 658.
Once seamstresses from the immigrant and refugee community complete training, we train them on the our specific skirt designs. By working with these women, we are helping them hone their craft and gain the customer service skills to run their own home-based sewing businesses.
The proceeds of our work we do with these local Charlotte NC women aids women on the other side of the world in Burundi, Africa. The women here feel so proud to be helping women in need as well.
Our custom skirts are a statement piece of clothing that will be something you will keep in your wardrobe for years to come. We believe in sustainability and longevity of these pieces, and we make them to last.
We have 5 skirt designs now:
- Pleated (Mini, Midi, Maxi)
- Pleated with Bottom Ruffle (Maxi)
- A-line (Mini, Midi, Maxi)
- Wrap (Mini, Midi, Maxi)
- Wrap with Hi-Lo Ruffle (Midi)
There are a few ways you can get your own custom-made Empower for Hope Skirt:
- Follow us on Instagram and Facebook to see where our next pop-up event will be.
- Host your own skirt in-home pop-up in the Charlotte area with a minimum of 5 of your friends.
- Request a private appointment to see the fabrics and get measured.
For more information you can call 704-451-4666 or contact us